This Chyawanprash is an ancient ayurvedic formulation from the 13th Century Ayurvedic texts Sharangadhar Samhita. We have tried to mimic all the old ingredients and techniques to as close as those recommended by Acharya Sharangahar like
- Cooked in pure A2 bilona (churned) desi cow ghee from our own Gaushala. Cows are fed multiple ayurvedic herbs as part of their diet.
- Fully ripened vasanti desi amla are used. Amlas are plucked after Vasant Panchami when they have become fully ripened and develop a reddish hue. The Madhur (sweet) ras of the Amla develops at this time. This Madhur ras gives energy and rejuvenation properties reputed to be in Amla.
- Desi Khand is used instead of refined sugar. This Desi Khand is free from harmful chemicals and contains many useful nutrients.
- Forest honey from deep virgin forest from medically useful trees is used.
- Traditional gatherers are used to collect from virgin forests. Their experience results in correct identification, collection and storage of herbs. Sustainability of forest and rejuvenation of vegetation is also ensured.